LUNA BAR REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHAT IS IT? A CLOSER LOOK AT LUNA BARS
Luna Bars reviews show you how to get the most out of your diet and exercise with tasty, satisfying snacks. Making a commitment to my health, I purchased a 90-day supply of chocolate Luna protein bars to try it in my everyday regimen and analyze the claims on the Luna Bar website. My diet does not include enough complete proteins so I got the extra protein to bridge the nutritional gap. I found Luna Bars are an ideal on-the-go meal replacement. Not only are the rich, chocolatey bars delicious but they also have 13 grams of muscle-building protein – under 200 calories!
I was skeptical these were the best protein bars available. I wanted to know if they were right for me, how many I should eat and when so, I read customer reviews online. Based on what I found on websites like Amazon.com, and iherb.com I compared the 5-star customer reviews to my own results. Expert reviews on Labdoor.com confirm which products are top-rated and what is just hype. Take a closer look at what happened when I tried Luna Bars for protein based on four essential review criteria: benefits, efficacy (does it work), ease-of-use and of course taste.
WHAT DO THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT LUNA BARS?
Expert reviews from Labdoor.com reveal that Luna Bars are not the best protein bars on the market. Labdoor score for this product is C – 75.8%. The score is lower than some competitors in the same category however, nutritionally these bars are a good option.
“Luna Protein measured 11.8 g of whole protein and 161.6 kcal (total calories) per serving.” — Labdoor.com
WHAT DO CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT LUNA BARS?
The most important thing about protein supplements is that they meet your daily nutrient requirements. Luna bars contain a balanced formula specifically designed to meet the needs of women. But what about the taste? Customer reviews from Amazon.com show that buyers love Luna Protein Bars!
“I bought these because, with two toddlers, I don’t have time to eat right most of the time. I figured it would be another nasty protein bar that I had to choke down, but these are actually really good. In fact, I have to hide them from my kids because they keep eating them all on me.” — Laura K
“It tasted great! At first try, I got a hint of cherry and coconut flavor which did not bother me but you can taste the caramel nougat and chocolate more as you adapt to the bar. I love caramel! So I can be picky but I’m happy with it. Good size for portion control, Great for a morning snack or MR, on the run, and even a midnight snack instead of a chocolate bar. Ordered two different bars and included a picture with both. Hope that helps! Will be ordering more Luna bars in the future.” — Jan R.
My take: nutritionally balanced, Luna bars are an ideal replacement for candy bars and packaged convenience foods. Filling, and formulated for women these 190 calorie bars are all so delicious. I found the chewy chocolate peanut butter flavor satisfying and good besides the fact that it is also good for me.
THE FOUR CRITERIA: HOW DOES LUNA BARS STACK UP?
Luna Bars are a good source of protein in a tiny package! Loaded with 13 grams of muscle-building protein and other essential nutrients, Luna Bars are an ideal replacement for snack food. I bought Luna Bars and tried them for 90 days recording my results in a diet journal. Here is how the protein bars stack up based on four specific review criteria: benefits, efficacy (does it work), ease-of-use and the taste.
- Health Benefits. The daily recommendation for protein is different for everyone, but I was eating way too many packaged foods without getting enough of this vital nutrient. These 190 calorie bars contain only 8 grams of fat, with two polyunsaturated grams of fat, 19 carbs, and 12 grams of protein. The health benefits of high-protein snack foods like this include fewer food cravings, satiety (feeling fuller, longer), muscle growth and weight loss.These benefits make Luna Bars an ideal way to jumpstart your health regimen. Learn more about how to create a regimen in Unify Health Labs Multi GI-5 reviews.
- Efficacy (does-it-work). Luna Bars are made with soy protein isolate which some people say is not as effective as whey protein. I think these protein bars are ideal for curbing cravings and meeting the daily recommendation for protein.
- Ease-of-Use. When it comes to a busy schedule, it can be hard to find nutritionally-balanced snack foods. Coming in at under 200 calories with a filling 12 g of protein oh, Luna bars make it easy to eat. This meal replacement bar is filling with a glass of water, juice, or post-workout shake. You can read more about health and workout regimens in Proplant Complete Shake reviews.
- Taste. Not all protein bars are created equal and many of them have a chalky or rubbery texture. Not these bars! Luna protein bars have a chewy brownie texture that is a treat!
WHAT IS IT: A CLOSER LOOK AT LUNA BARS
Luna Bar is Clif Bar & Company owned. Created in 1999 Luna is the First Nutrition bar for women. Each bar has an inspiring little message, this one reads “You are powerful, beautiful, brilliant, and brave.”
I like eating foods that are good for me and these protein bars offer 31% Organic ingredients. Compared to other protein supplements, Luna Bar ingredients are a health food, that is easy-to-use anywhere I feel hungry.
ARE LUNA BARS RIGHT FOR ME?
Luna Bars are intended to be protein bars for women. While protein is a vital nutrient for both men and women, Luna Bars are specifically formulated to meet the nutritional needs of women over the age of 18. If you have heath, fitness or weight loss goals adding Luna Bars to your everyday health regimen may be right for you.
DOES LUNA BARS REALLY WORK?
Luna bars contain soy protein isolate, polyunsaturated fat and fiber. Clinical research can show you what experts found out about how the three main ingredients of Luna bars work.
- Soy protein. The results of this research study show that soy protein supplements produce muscle growth, strength and mass as well as whey protein. This confirms that experts know soy protein isolate and whey protein concentrate in Luna Bars actually work!
- Polyunsaturated Fat. You may have heard that low-fat diets help with weight loss. However, some fats support weight loss – it’s true! Experts have found in clinical studies that polyunsaturated fats like those in Luna Bars may help you reach your weight-loss goals
- Fiber. This is a nutrient commonly found in foods like oatmeal. Luna Bars contain chicory fiber. Expert studies to make you feel full which may help you lose weight.
While the health claims are backed up with scientific data from experts, I still wasn’t convinced. After all, everyone is different and you will have different effects but it worked! My results are also mentioned by customer reviewers. Be patient with your results, stick to healthy habits and you will get benefits, too!
WHAT DO LUNA BARS TASTE LIKE?
Unlike some protein bars that can be chalky, and dry, Luna bars have a chewy brownie-like consistency. They are the most delicious when I drink them with milk, or a Proplant Complete Shake. I really like the dense consistency and the chocolate flavor. I felt it was richest with creamy post workout shakes to keep me feeling full and energized. You can learn more about how to boost your energy in Energy Renew reviews.
HOW-TO USE LUNA BARS
It is easy to integrate protein bars into your everyday Health regimen. Ideal as a breakfast meal replacement, midday snack, or post workout recovery, Luna bars are delicious and nutritionally-balanced. Made just for women, you can eat chewy, nougaty Luna bars any time to reach the daily recommendation of protein. Talk to your doctor about how to use Luna bars, and read High Impact Protein reviews to learn more about supplement regimens.
ARE LUNA BARS SAFE?
Luna Bars have a warning on the package that says to be aware of allergens including peanuts, milk and soy.
NOTE: Always check with your health care provider before starting any new dietary supplement. While this product is considered safe to use for everyone, it is best to talk to a doctor before changing your diet.
IS LUNA BARS DIET FRIENDLY?
Luna Bars are a high protein snack that will fit into your diet! Ideal for high protein, gluten free, low-glycemic and non-GMO diets.
WHAT ARE LUNA BARS COMPETITORS?
Shopping online, I want to make sure I am getting the best-selling protein bars. These products also have the most 5-star reviews on Amazon.com, Luckyvitamin.com, and iherb.com. Expert reviews reflect the high-quality and transparency with a high score from Labdoor.com.
- Pure Protein Bars. These taste similar to Luna bars but they offer more nutrition with 21 grams of protein and 200 calories Sweetened with sugar alcohols, these bars are also sugar-free so sometimes I eat these instead. Pure Protein bars are top-rated by expert reviewers with a Labdoor score of D – 68%.
- Think Thin High Protein Bars. Packed with protein these bars contain 20 grams of protein and 0 sugar per bar. GMO free and certified gluten free with no artificial sweeteners. Expert reviews gave these protein bars a high Labdoor score of 81.2%
- Quest Nutrition Protein Bar. Made from milk and whey protein isolate, Quest bars also include 21 carbs, 14 grams fiber and just 1 gram of sugar. These nutrition bars came recommended by expert reviewers with a high Labdoor score of B – 85.5%.
THE VERDICT: WOULD I RECOMMEND LUNA BARS?
LUNA bars reviews show you how making protein part of your everyday diet is important. You can meet your health goals with these nougaty protein bars for women. Compared to other protein bars, Luna offers 13 grams of complete protein with soy isolate and whey concentrate, plus fiber and good-for-you fats – for just 190 calories. I recommend LUNA bars to any woman who wants a flat tummy!
- High-quality isolate
- Muscle growth
- Weight loss
- Candy bar taste
- Contains sugar
- Protein blend
- Low Labdoor score
Specification: LUNA BAR REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW