5-HOUR ENERGY REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHAT IS IT? A CLOSER LOOK AT 5-HOUR ENERGY
5-HOUR ENERGY reviews show you how to boost your energy in under 5 minutes. Unlike regular energy drinks the 5-HOUR ENERGY shots work fast to boost your energy levels. Ideal alone in yummy flavors like berry and lemonade, these energy shots are an ideal way to gain energy, boost your metabolism and rev-up your juice and smoothie recipes. I was unsure that 5-HOUR ENERGY is the best energy drink on the market so I set out to discover which supplement works for other customers. I read customer reviews searching for the best-sellers in the same category on Amazon.com and iHerb.com. Then I compared the 5-star reviews to what I read about the products in expert reviews on Labdoor.com. Here is what happened when I tried 5-HOUR ENERGY based on five eview criteria: health benefits, efficacy (does it work), ease-of-use, taste and expert reviews.
WHAT DO THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT 5-HOUR ENERGY?
Labdoor expert reviews show that 5-HOUR ENERGY is a top-rated product. This energy bar received a Labdoor score of 69.6% D, by expert reviewers.
” … 1 serving of 5-HOUR ENERGY measured 193.5mg caffeine – nearly 100% of the stimulants Daily Value (DV) and significantly in excess of the 105.1mg average caffeine content serving in this category. Furthermore, this product exceeds 100% of the DV of vitamins B6, B12, and Folic Acid and nearly meets the Tolerable Upper Limit (TUL) of vitamin B.”
5-HOUR ENERGY received a low score for label accuracy, nutritional value and safety. However, I only use half of the bottle so I cut the serving size down and I also mix this energy shot with other ingredients to make it safer to use. You can learn more about how to stack supplements and blend ingredients in Energy Renew reviews.
WHAT DO CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT 5-HOUR ENERGY?
Reading customer reviews for 5-HOUR ENERGY I found that this is the favorite energy bar for many people. Here is just a sample of what I found out about people who love eating 5-HOUR ENERGY and their results.
“I work some really crazy hours. 5-hour energy helps me when I need that extra “kick” to get to the end of my day. I can say, from my own experience, that there is no crash later. I don’t feel like my heart is going to pump out of my chest, like using other energy drinks.There is no sugar and about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. For those of you who count calories, there are zero calories. The pomegranate flavor is my favorite.” — Morgan L.
“This stuff works great when you don’t over use it. If you try to use this “daily” it will lose effectiveness. I’m thinking its maybe because of the large amounts of vitamin B’s in it. Most of us are deficient in vitamin B, especially if we are run down and tired. I don’t think its a wake me up in the morning drink, but more of, I didn’t get enough sleep the night before and its late in the day. I am wiped but have 5 more hours to go. As long as it’s been a few days since I last used one, its very effective. I used it when I was driving some long trip that I had to make without any notice. I was falling asleep at the wheel, but after one of these, I easily made it 5 hours.” — Rowland P.
“It’s weird. Sometime it give me a ton of energy and some days it doesn’t do a thing.” — Jay R.
My take: The 5-HOUR ENERGY is an energy drink with controversial ingredients. It works best in people with vitamin deficiency however, it still works for me because it’s a powerful stimulant. Sometimes it can give me the jitters, which is why I only use half a serving if I need an energy boost and I stack this supplement along with drink mixes to reduce side effects. You can learn more in Proplant Complete Shake reviews.
THE FOUR CRITERIA: HOW DOES 5-HOUR ENERGY STACK UP?
Here is how 5-HOUR ENERGY stacks up based on the four review criteria:
- Benefits. Everyone can struggle to feel enough energy to get it all done in a week. 5-HOUR ENERGY offers your body a jolt of energy from caffeine, B complex vitamins for metabolism plus amino acids that support endurance to keep you going.
- Efficacy (does it work). Using 5-HOUR ENERGY alone boosts my energy within about 45 minutes to where I can really feel revved up. Sometimes, a full bottle gives me the jitters so I blend it with a Proplant Complete Shake to reduce the effects of the potent effects of this energy booster. I noticed 5-Hour Energy really works when I took it for 5 days after lunch. I powered through fitness class after my workday all week so I know it actually works!
- Ease-of-Use. 5-HOUR ENERGY makes it easy to keep pushing through energy slumps, fatigue and long work weeks. The durable plastic container is small so it fits just about everywhere including your gym bag, your desk drawer and even your pocket! With a small mouth opening and screw cap you can avoid spillage by taking a shot or pouring. If you’re looking for an easy way to stay alert, 5-hour Energy makes it simple.
- Taste. 5-HOUR ENERGY comes in a range of flavors including berry, grape and lemon. I tried the berry flavor both alone and blended with supplement drink mixes, which is called stacking. It tastes sweet and lightly flavored but potent enough to be detected in juices, smoothies and shakes. I recommend drinking the berry flavor with juices and using the lemon flavor mixed water as a pick-me-up. Read more in my Vital Reds reviews.
- Expert Reviews. Looking at expert reviews on Labdoor.com you can see that the score for this supplement is low. Overall, 5-Hour Energy recieved a D rating – a Labdoor score of 69.5%.
WHAT IS IT? A CLOSER LOOK AT 5-HOUR ENERGY
5-HOUR ENERGY is a concentrated energy drink formula. Made to rev up your energy for immediate effects, this energy shot also delivers sustained energy with B complex vitamins and amino acids.
5-HOUR ENERGY ingredients:
- Vitamin B6. A vitamin needed in the body to aid over 100 enzymes that perform the breakdown of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, maintaining normal levels of homocysteine (high levels can cause heart problems) and supporting immune function and brain health along with other functions. A metabolism vitamin that helps convert nutrients into usable energy.
- Vitamin B12. This is a b complex vitamin essential to energy metabolism. Many people are deficient in vitamin B12 but supplements are known to boost athletic performance and reverse fatigue.
- Taurine. A non-essential amino acid needed at a daily value of 40 to 400 mg per day. No more than 3,000 mg per day has been recommended by experts at the Mayo Clinic. Because it aids in calcium release, Taurine can cause potential harm to the brain, heart and skeletal muscle.
- Caffeine. Improvements in alertness, mood, reaction time and memory are all benefits of caffeine. However, there are negative side effects of using the amount of caffeine inside energy drinks including rapid heart rate, anxiety and the jitters.
IS 5-HOUR ENERGY RIGHT FOR ME?
5-HOUR ENERGY is right for you if you want more energy, faster metabolism and less fatigue during the day. 5-HOUR ENERGY comes in a convenient package that makes on- the-go energy easy. You can also mix the energy shot with other beverages to adjust the dosage and avoid negative side effects like jitters. 5-hour Energy is for anyone including athletes who want a jolt of energy without a rapid crash.
DOES 5-HOUR ENERGY REALLY WORK?
While the health claims are backed up with scientific data from experts, I still wasn’t convinced. Reading through customer reviews on Amazon.com, I see how 5-HOUR ENERGY contains essential nutrients needed to produce lasting energy and fight mental fatigue.
Benefits of 5-Hour Energy:
My take: I was skeptical that I would notice any effects from this energy shot but I did. I have used Monster Energy drinks in the past and was concerned about the health effects. This little shot comes in a bottle with the cap that screws right back on. It’s easy to blend the flavors and adjust the dosage so that I don’t exceed my daily limit of the ingredients.
WHAT DOES 5-HOUR ENERGY TASTE LIKE?
The taste of 5-HOUR ENERGY varies with each flavor but I recommend drinking the shots chilled. While every flavor of the 5-Hour Energy shots I tried were tasty, they lost the appeal after sitting in my gym bag until 6 pm. Mixing 5-Hour Energy shots is the best way to use this product warm. At room temperature, the taste of the berry and grape flavors isn’t bad but I highly recommend refrigerating this energy drink for a more refreshing taste. Note: For storage and travel purposes, you do not need to refrigerate 5-Hour Energy.
HOW-TO USE 5-HOUR ENERGY
Not a top-rated product by expert reviewers, 5-HOUR ENERGY can cause side effects to the brain, heart and nervous system. Use the energy shot as directed and do not exceed the daily serving recommendation.
5-HOUR ENERGY is a backup plan when my energy tank is empty or I lack mental focus. I use this energy shot for pre-workout energy or post-workout replenishment to help me recover faster from fatigue. You can stack 5-HOUR ENERGY with other supplements. Learn how to make delicious energy drinks in Morning Complete.
DOES 5-HOUR ENERGY CONTAIN TOXIC INGREDIENTS?
5-HOUR ENERGY received low marks from expert reviewers because it contains high amounts of caffeine and other ingredients that are controversial like taurine and mega-dose caffeine. If you have heart problems, brain problems you need to talk to your health care provider before trying 5-hour Energy. This is an over-the-counter energy drink, so it is considered safe for all people over the age of 18.
IS 5-HOUR ENERGY SAFE?
5-HOUR ENERGY contains about 2 times the amount of caffeine as a regular cup of coffee which may cause side effects including an increased heart rate and blood pressure, the jitters, irritability, insomnia and physical dependence.
NOTE: While this is an over-the-counter (OTC) product it is considered safe for all people over the age of 18. It is best to talk to your doctor before starting any new dietary or health supplement regimen. Talk to a health care provider if you experience any side effects or adverse health reactions.
WHAT ARE 5-HOUR ENERGY COMPETITORS?
Shopping online, I want to make sure I am getting the best-selling product for the best price. I read customer reviews for 5-HOUR ENERGY on Amazon.com, and iherb.com along with expert reviews for the top-rated products on Labdoor.com. Here are the best energy drinks according to my analysis:
- Monster Energy. This is a ready-to-drink, RTD option for an energy booster. Served ice cold, this drink tastes like candy, and it keeps you going but I think there are some side effects. You can learn more about Monster Energy Drink in expert reviews from Labdoor.com. Judging by expert reviewers, this product received a low Labdoor score of F – 57% for nutrition, and safety concerns.
- Old School Labs Vintage Blast. Old School Labs Vintage Blast reviews can show you how to get the most out of every workout. While I thought I didn’t need a pre-workout supplement Vintage Blast delivers powerful energy, and stamina. Using this is ideal for pre-workout energy however, it is NOT recommended for days without exercise.
- Energy Renew. A doctor formulated alternative to energy drinks, this polyphenol rich mix is a superfood blend designed by Dr. Steven Gundry. Ideal as a base for an energy drink juice, I like to blend this mix with water, and add ½ a serving of 5-Hour Energy in the Berry flavor into the juice. You can read more in my Energy Renew reviews how I also stack these supplements with Vital Reds, a Gundry MD flagship product.
THE VERDICT: WOULD I RECOMMEND 5-HOUR ENERGY?
5-HOUR ENERGY reviews show you how you can rev up your metabolism and boost your energy quickly. I recommend 5-HOUR ENERGY to anyone who feels fatigued, tired or exhausted. 5-HOUR ENERGY delivers a jolt of energy and lasting stamina. The ingredients in this product may cause negative side effects so talk to your health care provider.
- Fixes tired fast
- Lasts for hours
- Only 4 calories!
- Controversial ingredients
- Some side effects
- Can cause jitters
- Contains caffeine
Specification: 5-HOUR ENERGY REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW