SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHAT IS IT? A CLOSER LOOK AT SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL
SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL reviews show how taking just one small softgel per day can deliver omega-3 fatty acids along with astaxanthin from NKO krill. Numerous health benefits have been found for the human body including healthy arteries, brain health, soft skin, joint flexibility and good vision. I was skeptical I would gain all of these health benefits but I wanted to make a commitment to my health since my diet is less than perfect most days. In fact, I read that while experts recommend up to 1,000 mg of omega-3 essential fatty acids per day, about 98% of people suffer from low levels of EFAs.
Regardless of what I thought would happen, I purchased this supplement from Amazon.com and I recorded the effects in my journal until the bottle was gone. It really works! Here is what happened when I tried SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL and reviewed it based on four essential criteria: benefits, efficacy (does it work), ease-of-use, taste and expert score.
WHAT DO THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL?
Expert reviews of SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL found that one serving of Schiff MegaRed astaxanthin-rich Krill Oil contains 96mg omega-3 fatty acids, consisting of 52mg EPA and 29mg DHA. Furthermore, EPA + DHA essential fatty acids accounted for 22% of the total fish oil content.
Expert reviewers gave this product a lower than average rating. Based on expert reviews Schiff Krill Oil received a poor Labdoor Score 66.8% – D. However, the product received 100% for nutritional value score, and a 96% for product purity. Schiff Krill Oil got a low score of only 15% for projected efficacy. Label accuracy and ingredient safety scores for quality krill oil are in the 80% range.
I found out a lot about the benefits of superior sources to fish oil in Kori Krill Oil reviews. You may also benefit from talking to your doctor about which supplement is right for you.
WHAT DO CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL?
“I was skeptical about any kind of fish oil that didn’t taste fishy or have fishy after-effects, if you know what I mean. But I’ve been taking this for two months and have never detected a scent or taste of fish. And I’m very sensitive to that.” — Jessica Tanner
“I changed to MegaRed Krill oil from my usual fish oil. What I like most about the changes are 1. No fish taste. 2. The daily softgel is about 1/3 the size of the fish oil capsule. I’d be lying if I tell you one works better than the other. Probably similar.” — Not so Fast
My take: I added SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL to my regimen to support my cardiovascular system and I noticed numerous benefits. I was worried about fishy flavor, or hard-to-swallow capsules holding me back from taking them every day. With Schiff MegaRed Krill Oil, I only noticed health benefits like smoother skin, stronger cardiovascular endurance and less joint pain.
*All individuals are unique with the benefits of krill oil. Be patient as your results can and will vary with quality krill oil.
THE FIVE CRITERIA: HOW DOES SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL STACK UP?
Here is how SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL stacks up to other fish oil omega-3 supplements based on five specific review criteria: benefits, efficacy (does it work), ease-of-use, taste and expert review.
- Health Benefits. SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL reviews reveal just how many health benefits average customers can get with a daily serving of this supplement. Unlike a fatty fish diet, krill oil offers additional nutrients including a powerful antioxidant called astaxanthin, along with easily absorbed EPA and DHA essential fatty acids for benefits including anti-inflammatory effects with a daily content of krill oil.
- Efficacy (does-it-work). Trying SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL for a full 90-days allowed me to really see how the product stacks up against my poor diet. On average, I eat about three times the daily value for sugar, and omega-6 fats from packaged foods. You can learn more about how this type of standard diet wreaks havoc on your digestive system in Lectin Shield reviews. I think Schiff MegaRed Krill Oil does work because I noticed a variety of anti-inflammatory effects including smoother skin, less digestive upset and joint flexibility.
- Ease-of-Use. SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL comes in softgel capsules that are easy-to-swallow. Because krill oil is a rich source of phospholipids there is no fishy aftertaste using Schiff MegaRed Krill Oil. I find it’s easier to take one softgel of concentrated krill oil per day than cook fish.
- Taste. Like I mentioned before, because this is NOT a fish oil supplement there is no fishy flavor, no smelly burps and no aftertaste. SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL is an easily absorbed formula rich with omega-3 fatty acids that rapidly disintegrate in one hour. The sure dissolve softgels are designed to prevent bad breath odors.
- Expert Score. Labdoor Score of this product is a 66.8% – D. It received high scores for nutritional value score, and a 96% for product purity. Label accuracy and ingredient safety scores for quality krill oil are in the 80% range but this got low scores for efficacy.
WHAT IS IT? A CLOSER LOOK AT SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL
SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL includes active ingredients backed by clinical studies. Here is a closer look at what scientific research says about the SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL proprietary blend.
- Omega-3. Offering essential fatty acids including EPA and DHA, krill oil is clinically shown to offer a more absorbable form of nutrients. Researchers found this may have positive effects on inflammation, cholesterol and other biological functions to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and offer numerous other health benefits.
- Astaxanthin. While most antioxidants work inside or outside of cellular membranes, the antioxidant astaxanthin provides antioxidant protection to each cell stretching through the membrane to cover both the inner and outer layers of your cells. This offers superior antioxidant power to other omega-3 supplements like fish oil with a high quality of ingredients.
- Carotenoids. This is a type of pigment that also functions in the body for antioxidant effects. Studies show the type of carotenoids provided by krill oil may play a vital role in overall health due to the strong antioxidant activity in the cardiovascular system, brain and skin.
This is a natural formula designed to maintain ingredient quality and deliver EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids with no extra ingredients. Talk to your doctor if you are currently taking prescription medications. You can learn more about essential fatty acids EPA & DHA and how you can avoid the bad aftertaste of fish oil supplements with Schiff Vitamins.
IS SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL RIGHT FOR ME?
If you are not 100% satisfied with the SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL call 1 (888) 532-4574 to talk to a member of the customer service team or visit Schiffvitamins.com.
DOES SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL REALLY WORK?
SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL includes an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA along with a proprietary blend to support your heart health, and joint health. The best thing about these omega-3 total body supplements compared to fish oils is that there is no nasty aftertaste!
Reading the Schiff Vitamins website I learned that this krill oil product is a common replacement for fish oil and other over the counter vitamins. However, this superior omega-3 krill oil is clinically proven to offer exclusive benefits with no fish aftertaste.
Cardiovascular Health. As a superior source of omega-3 fatty acids, Schiff MegaRed Krill Oil plays a vital role in cardiovascular health. Offering EPA and DHA essential fatty acids, krill oil may help to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease or CVD.
Brain Function. Rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids along with phosphatidylcholine, the purest krill oil delivers positive effects on brain function. Clinical studies show that krill oil may be especially effective to activate cognitive function in aging adults and the elderly.
Skin. Essential fatty acids cannot be produced in the body thus the skin requires a dietary supply of this vital nutrient for optimal health. Despite a fatty fish diet, you may require additional sources of EPA and DHA for skin health. The purest krill oil has been shown to provide enhanced effects to skin function including elasticity, smoothness and hydration.
Eyesight. Krill oil’s carotenoid antioxidants may reduce the age-related macular degeneration process to support healthy eyesight and good vision.
*All individuals are unique; as such, your results can and will vary. Talk to your doctor about omega-3’s role in heart health.
WHAT DOES SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL TASTE LIKE?
There is no taste to the SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL capsule. I found this is a flavorless supplement without any aftertaste or bad breath burps. The unique softgels are designed to eliminate odor and aftertaste – and they really work!
HOW-TO USE SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL
Use the daily recommended dose for SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL until the bottle is gone. Then, record your results in a health journal and review your weekly health benefits with your doctor. You may find that using this supplement on a 90-day plan for good health is the best approach for you. My take is to use this for a cardiovascular dietary supplement that fills in nutrient gaps. However, your health concerns can and will vary along with your results.
IS SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL LEGIT?
At this time, Schiff Vitamins has a B- rating with the Better Business Bureau®. If you are interested, you can learn more about the company on the website. There, you can see the BBB rating and read customer reviews.
IS SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL SAFE?
SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL is safe for adults. Talk to your doctor about using this supplement if you have a shellfish allergy, coagulopathy, or if you are taking anticoagulants. This may interact with other medications and dietary supplements. Not intended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
NOTE: Contains shellfish and gelatin.
IS SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL DIET FRIENDLY?
SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL is a diet-friendly formula that works in a single daily dose. However, this is not intended for people with shellfish allergy. Talk to your doctor about finding the right supplement for you. I recommend you read Energy Renew reviews to find out more about how to support cardiovascular health and gain vitality. Trust me, there is a regimen for you!
WHAT ARE SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL COMPETITORS?
Here are the competitors for SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL on Amazon.com, Luckyvitamin.com and iherb.com. Expert reviews show that while some of these are best-sellers they are not considered “top-rated,” products.
Here are the top three competitors for SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL:
- Gundry MD Olive Oil. Gundry MD Olive Oil reviews claim that many oils marked as EVOO are really just a blend of canola, sunflower and other inflammatory oils. These types of cooking oils can damage your food and even harm your health.
- Energy Renew. Energy Renew reviews can teach you how to use this product as more than just an energy drink. Energy Renew works on a cellular level to support your energy, stamina, muscle and overall health. Ideal for anyone – this supplement is for you!
- Kori Krill Oil. KORI KRILL OIL reviews showed me how important a daily supplement can be for my health. As one of the best sources of naturally occurring EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids, with phospholipids for better absorption vs fish oil Kori Krill Oil supplements are easily digestible. Plus there are no fishy burps!
THE VERDICT: WOULD I RECOMMEND SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL?
Schiff MegaRed Krill Oil reviews showed me that this is a superior source of Omega-3’s to other essential fatty acids in my diet. However, this is not a top-rated product like regular krill oil supplements. I still recommend this product because the easy-to-swallow softgels are the best!
SCHIFF MEGARED KRILL OIL is an anti-aging formula made to boost your energy levels, strength and metabolism. I recommend you try this antioxidant product for 90 days to gain the full effects of healthy ATP. You may also enjoy weight loss, fitness endurance and a renewed sense of vitality!
- Superior to fish oil
- Heart healthy
- Joint, skin & eyes
- Not a heart cure
- Low expert score
- Daily regimen required