ZIPFIZZ REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Can Zippfizz help in boosting energy? Probably. It has a blend of nutrients that not only boost energy but also improve immune functions.
Zipfizz reviews show this product has gained popularity. More than just a water enhancer, this energy booster is now ranked among best-sellers like Red Bull, Monster, and 5-Hour Energy drink. With a superior blend of vitamins, electrolytes, and antioxidants, these powdered supplements promise to provide up to 6 hours of energy and mental alertness. But one of my major concern is the amount of B12. Zipfizz supplements contain 2,500 mcg of the vitamin which is too high compared to other energy boosting supplements. Is it safe to consume such amounts of cyanocobalamin?
Let’s find out more about Zip Fizz in this detailed review including benefits, efficacy, ease-of-use and taste. Comparing Zip Fizz to other products in the same category, this water enhancer is controversial however, it still has many loyal customers.
1. What is Zipfizz?
Zipfizz is formulated with 25 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and electrolytes, and its primary function is to boost energy and support the immune system. Furthermore, they come with an easy-to-mix tube for your convenience. And, according to the manufacturer, you will need two tubes to get the needed energy boost.
2.History of the Brand
Zipfizz Corporation, a conservative medical nutrition based company in the United States, is behind the energy supplements. The Company claims that these powder supplements are healthy and good tasting– claims refuted by many customers.
3.Type of Products
Zipfizz Corporation manufactures three different products:
- Powder. Available in 11 flavors; berry, blueberry, citrus, grapes, raspberry, lemon iced tea, orange soda, pink lemonade, pink grapefruit, orange cream, fruit punch, and the newly launched black cherry.
- Immune. Caffeine-free, zero sugar Zip Fizz is good for you, unlike sugary sodas. Provides 11 vitamins, 8 minerals, electrolytes, the amino acid taurine plus antioxidants from green tea extract. Targets immunity with 1,000 mg herbal blend.
- Energy Shot. A low calorie, low carbohydrate, electrolyte-filled, and fruit flavored-drink. Although it is ready-to-drink, the RTD supplements offer the same benefits as their powder counterparts.
4. Ingredients of Zip Fizz
These powder energy supplements promise to offer a rush of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. Each of the tubes contains 25 nutrients which include:
Zipfizz has nine vitamins that supposedly boost energy. The main ingredient is vitamin B12 which in its optimal levels helps in the metabolism of fatty acids and amino acids. Additionally, vitamin C, E, thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6, Folate, and Pantothenic acid (B5) engage in energy production. Furthermore, B6, B12, and Folic acid metabolize amino acids as well as helps in the multiplication of red blood cells (1, 2)
Electrolytes and Minerals
One salient factor of Zipfizz is its mineral content. These supplements contain potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese, copper, chromium, and sodium which not only help to produce red blood cells but also turn food into energy. Furthermore, potassium, calcium, and magnesium help to maintain a healthy fluid balance and also prevent hypertension.
Manganese, which comprises 50% of the supplement content, is required for the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system. The RDA of manganese is 11 mg, and Zipfizz contains 1 mg, which is within the recommended amounts (3, 4).
Zipfizz contains taurine, a conditional amino sulfonic acid, found in the brain, heart, blood cells, and retina. People who make low levels of this conditional amino acid can get it from the supplements or diet– fish and meat.
Taurine helps in preventing congestive heart failure. And, some evidence suggests that amino acids can help improve the function of the left ventricle and lowers blood pressure (5).
These energy boosters contain xylitol a natural sweetener from fruits like berries and sucralose. Sucralose is an artificial sweetener which is 500 times sweeter than regular sugar.
Other ingredients include caffeine, green tea extract, ginseng root, grape extract, and green coffee bean extract.
5. Where is it Manufactured?
Am not sure where the supplements are manufactured, but the manufacturing company is based in the United States.
6. How Does It Work?
Zipfizz contains nutrients to fuel the body without artificial stimulants. These nutrients not only enhance food metabolism but also maintain fluid balance.
7. Does It Work?
Zipfizz works differently for everyone as we have different metabolism. Based on customer reviews, the energy boosters does help athletes to train harder. Furthermore, it gives an energy boost for four to six hours.
These powder supplements are easy to take. Mix two tube of powder with about 20 fl. Oz of cold water, smoothie, or non-carbonated beverage. This mixture is effective if taken 15 to 30 minutes before activity. Also, don’t consume the supplements especially the energy shot on an empty stomach.
9. As Far as Taste Goes
Zipfizz is available in various flavors from berry to black cherry forms. Although they are known to be tasty, some of the customers have reported otherwise. Most of them claim the supplements are too sweet compared to other energy boosters.
Zipfizz benefits are linked to the many nutrients used. The most common benefits include energy boosting, mental alertness, and enhancing workout performances.
- Vitamin B12 promotes blood cell production and prevents anemia. Additionally, it supports bone health and reduces the risk of osteoporosis especially in women (6, 7).
- The minerals specifically potassium, calcium, and magnesium can help prevent hypertension and chronic disease. Zinc, on the other hand, can improve immune function in seniors (8).
- Taurine supports heart function and can prevent cardiovascular diseases (9).
- Besides caffeine, green tea extract also provides antioxidant properties. Furthermore, it contains EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) a powerful compound that is believed to treat cardiovascular and metabolic diseases (10).
11. Side Effects
Zipfizz is classified as a herbal supplement, and no health caution is published on the website. Furthermore, the FDA does not assess most of the energy supplements which opens them up to manipulation and inclusion of harmful substances.
Most of the Zipfizz side effects are caused by the ingredients used. For instance, caffeine is known to cause insomnia and fatigue in the morning. Also, prolonged intake of guarana can cause irregular heartbeats, headaches, insomnia, and nausea.
Note: Zipfizz contains 2,500 mg of B12, but it’s rare to have an overdose. Cyanocobalamin is a water-soluble vitamin, meaning the body takes in what it needs, and excretes excess levels, so overdosing is rare. Furthermore, B12 is considered tolerable, and thus there is no maximum UL (Upper Limit). However, research states higher dosages– 1,000 mcg can cause dizziness and complications to people with kidney disease (11).
12. Product Warnings
Zipfizz doesn’t indicate any health cautions, but some of the standard warnings include:
- Do not take the energy shot supplement on an empty stomach
- Don’t exceed three tubes per day
- Mixing with carbonated water is not recommended
- Talk to your doctor before starting a dietary supplement
13. What Customers Are Saying
“This is truly a superb product. It leaves me supercharged, and I have noticed it improves my mental alertness.”– Tiffany
“Zipfizz is a great alternative for Red Bull or 5-Hour Energy. I love the energy drink, but I wouldn’t recommend replacing your morning coffee or tea with it.” — Brooke
“I am always on a hunt for the best price, and this is it. With no sugar added, I get an energy boost without the rush. My favorite flavor is pink grapefruit and blue raspberry.” —Carol
14. Zipfizz Alternatives
Based on Zip Fizz reviews on Amazon and Labdoor.com here are the best-sellers in the energy drink category. You can buy the energy drinks from the Official website or Amazon.
- VPX Bang. VPX Bang is designed as a pre-workout energy drink to increase stamina and strength as well as mental focus. This energy drink contains caffeine, potassium, and vitamin C that supports metabolic process during workouts.
- Monster Energy. Monster energy drink is formulated with 160 mg of caffeine along with 200% RDA of vitamins B2, B3, B6, and B12. Plus, each can offers 210 calories obtained from sugar, herbal extracts like ginseng, and amino acids. This energy drink contains more than the daily recommendation for sugar in one can (54 grams) and has been given low ratings by expert reviewers on Labdoor.com with a 57% score. You can read more in Monster Energy Reviews.
- Red Bull. Red Bull recipe includes sugar, caffeine, B vitamins, and Taurine. It also has a sugar-free version. This popular energy drink is a best-seller with online retailers however, it received a 64.1% from expert reviewers on Labdoor.com.
- 5-Hour Energy. As the name suggests, this energy drink provides 5 hours of energy. Furthermore, it has 200 mg of caffeine and a massive dose of B vitamins. With the high amount of controversial ingredients, expert reviewers gave this product a 69.6% on Labdoor.com. Read more in 5-Hour Energy Reviews.
- Rockstar. Rockstar energy drink contains 200 calories, 200% RDA of vitamin B12, 72mg of caffeine and 54 grams of sugar and carbohydrates. But, they also have a sugar-free option without sugar, carbs or calories. You can read about Rockstar Recovery expert reviews to find out why this energy drink received a 57.1% on Labdoor.com.
- Spark. Unlike Zipfizz, Spark has 120 mg caffeine, 750 % of B12, and uses sucralose as the primary sweetener. Furthermore, it contains Zinc, copper, and chromium alongside vitamin A.
I found three negative reviews that stand out with Zipfizz:
- Unpleasant taste. Several customers have complained about the taste.
- No scientific backing. The Company does not indicate any research done to support its claims of boosting energy. But, a significant number of customers have indicated that they get an instant energy boost and alertness.
- Artificial sweeteners. Although the manufacturer claims that the energy drink contains no sugar, sucralose, an artificial sweetener, is one of the ingredients.
My take: Despite the negative reviews, I find Zipfizz to be one of the best energy drinks in the market. The choice of electrolytes and vitamins is superb, and the benefits outweigh the side effects. If an energy drink is what you want, Zipfizz is a great option. I recommend you try it with a 90-day trial and record your results in a health journal.
- Comes in various flavors
- Readily available
- High caffeine
- Rapid heart beat
Specification: ZIPFIZZ REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Be the first to review “ZIPFIZZ REVIEWS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW” Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a review.
There are no reviews yet.